113th Annual Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade Full Line-Up of Festivities Announced
Everyone is welcome at the 113th Annual Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade taking place for five spectacular nights Dec. 15-19, 2021 in Newport Beach, Calif. Illuminating Newport Harbor for over a century, 100 beautifully decorated yachts and boats of all sizes will once again light up Newport Beach nightly from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. For five nights, experience the parade in a wide variety of fun-filled ways, from a family friendly event on the sand, by boat or shore, below is a full line-up of happenings at America’s most iconic Christmas event.
Home to the West Coast’s largest recreational harbor, Newport Beach pays homage to its iconic boating culture through a fleet of wonderfully decorated yachts, boats, kayaks and canoes motoring along a 14-mile course. This year’s festival theme – “Jingle on the Waves” – also holds a special honor as the first community selected theme in the Parade’s history, submitted by Newport Beach local, Amy Senk.
GRAND MARSHAL LINE-UP:
- Wednesday, Dec. 15 – Local Orange County Olympians: Phillip & Ryan Chew (Badminton); Jack Williams (Archery); Sakura Kokumai (Karate); Janie Takeda (Softball); Katie McLaughlin (Swimming); Jesse Smith, Alex Wolf and Kaleigh Gilchrist (Water Polo).
- Thursday, Dec. 16 – Distinguished Locals: The Newport Beach Chamber of Commerce honors Hospitality Hero Erin Fritz, director of operations at Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa.
- Friday, Dec. 17 – A Salute to Hometown Heroes: Cheer on our local heroes, those first-responders and lifesavers who serve our communities, as they lead the evening’s festivities.
- Saturday, Dec. 18 – HEART Global: HEART Global is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that leads music and performance workshops worldwide. Their workshops empower personal growth and inspire emotional intelligence through music, dance and performance.
- Sunday, Dec. 19 – Corona del Mar High School Drum Line: The CdM Drum Line is one of the premiere performing groups at Corona del Mar High School. It serves as a musical ambassador, performing regularly in pep rallies as well as school and community events.
RING OF LIGHTS:
Homes along the Christmas boat parade route participate in a decorating contest called the Ring of Lights where each house features its own extravagantly themed decorations. From lights on every façade to roof-top animated scenes and dancing Christmas trees, the Ring of Lights has become as celebrated as the boat parade itself. Visitors can view homes by walking around Newport Beach waterfront neighborhoods such as Balboa Island and Balboa Village or view by boat charter or boat rental.
The parade will have an exhilarating firework display from the Newport Pier at 6:15 p.m. on opening night and 9 p.m. on closing night.
WHERE TO VIEW:
Marina Park Event on Opening Night: Bring the entire family to Marina Park on opening night (Dec. 15) for the 113th Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade kick-off event, which includes a full evening of festivities: an opening ceremony, front-row parade viewing and first-ever Holiday Market! The opening night ceremony starts at 5 p.m. and includes the parade’s Grand Marshals: local Orange County 2021 summer Olympians, speakers and a live musical performance. Partnering with OC’s premier pop-up market group Creative Communal, the Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade’s first-ever holiday market will feature 35 local makers, food vendors, live music, entertainment, photo ops and kids activities. The opening night event is not to be missed, with an opportunity to meet the Olympians, shop last-minute holiday gifts, enjoy good food, the festivities and watch the parade. The Opening Night event starts at 5 p.m., the holiday market begins at 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.; Fireworks at 6:15 p.m. and the parade sails by Marina Park at 6:45 p.m. Admission is free.
1600 W Balboa Blvd, Newport Beach, CA 92663
Dine + Watch
There are over a dozen restaurants throughout Newport Harbor that offer a front-row view of the Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade and dozens more located near the water to dine and then view.
Stay + Watch
Let the Boat Parade serve as a reason to book a holiday-inspired staycation in Newport Beach for a roster of festive events, shop for last-minute holiday gifts, enjoy winter menus and much more!
- Balboa Bay Resort
- Lido House
- Renaissance Newport Beach Hotel
- Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport Newport Beach
- Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
- Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa
- Newport Beach Marriott Bayview
- The Resort at Pelican Hill
Float + Watch
Book one of Newport Beach’s premier cruise boats to see the holiday lights and displays on the boats in the parade and homes along the water that is guaranteed to be a magical evening under the stars.
Park + Watch
Bundle up, bring a chair and break out the hot cocoa, here are the places to your waterfront spot at all of the vantage points in Newport Beach.
- Balboa Peninsula is also home to many vantage points of the spectacle. In Balboa Village, consider areas along Edgewater Place, Marina Park and at the Balboa Fun Zone.
- Balboa Island provides prime viewing location of the Boat Parade and the Ring of Lights home decorating competition.
- Boats pass directly in front of China Cove Beach, and Lookout Point offers an amazing view. For park settings, choose West Jetty View Park or Via Lido Park.
- Reserved seating is available at the Newport Boy Scout Sea Base (1931 West Coast Highway).
There are over 50 viewing locations along Newport Harbor, please visit www.christmasboatparade.com for parade route, timing and more information.